Monday 27 May 2013

Walking With 10cc

Woohoo! Day two at 80Kgs!

That's a big thing for me, having been stuck at 83-85 Kgs for the last 4 years. All the walking and the cutting out of sugar is finally paying off nicely.

Anyway, the three hour walking sessions continue on. I end up with really sore legs for a couple of hours afterwards, but I'm starting to get some good results.

Today's musical selection during the walk came from one of the great pop groups of all time, 10cc:


If you are going to get a 10cc greatest hits CD, then this is the one to get (You should probably get the third album, "The Original Soundtrack" while you're at it. It's brilliant...). Every single 10cc hit is on here, plus some solo stuff, and a bunch of songs from Godley and Creme. I still have "Cry" going around my head as I sit here typing.

It's unfortunate that these guys were only together for a little while. You would have to travel pretty far to find pop songwriters as good as the 4 members of 10cc. And Eric Stewart is a great guitar player as well.

When I was 10 years old, I heard "Life is a Minestrone" crackling through the airways on my AM radio. At the time I thought it was the greatest song I had ever heard. It wasn't until I got this CD that I finally heard the song once again. I had threatened to get the song previously, but hadn't actually gotten around to it.

"Life is a Minestrone" on YouTube


There are so many great songs on this collection. One real gem that I had never heard before is "From Rochdale To Ocho Rios". You would swear you were in the Caribbean, with the steel drums etc. I also have a new appreciation for "The Things We Do For Love". What a great pop song.

"From Rochdale to Ocho Rios" on YouTube

..And don't forget: "You've got to get a little, get a little every day, you get a sunburn, and right away, you're body's brown as a berry but you can't lie down, better let yourself cool down...."

That's Graham Gouldman's solo hit, "Sunburn" of course...

"Sunburn" on YouTube


I'll go for another long walk tomorrow. I don't know what I'll listen to yet (AC/DC perhaps?...)

No comments:

Post a Comment