Sunday 12 May 2013

Mother's Day

I've just come back from spending Mother's Day with my mother.

Now, it's only be recently that I've been taking my camera with me when I go somewhere. I've started seeing potential pictures everywhere, much more than I used to (my usual method of operation has been to take pictures of dogs)

While I was at my mother's place, I noticed she had a few ornaments, which I thought may make interesting photographic subjects. So I unboxed the camera and started moving around looking for a good shot.

The first group is of a butterfly that was attached to a glass frame. I tried for a few good angles, but my inexperience with taking macro shots hindered me in getting anything really outstanding, but I'm hoping these are ok. At least they were good practice for the next time.

I've also been using the flash a lot more with macro photos, just to get a different pattern of light. If you look closely you may even see my face in some of the reflective surfaces! Sorry about that. I didn't think to watch out for something like that:






This next bunch of pictures were taken with the aid of a lamp that my nephew gave my mother as a present many years ago. It's basically pyramid shaped, filled with a thick, oil like liquid, in which was floating tiny hexagon shaped bits of metal. In the base of the lamp is a light source which keeps changing colour, reflecting off the metal shapes as they float through the liquid. I thought it created some interesting random patterns. Actually, the lamp is quite hypnotising to watch :







And finally, one more abstract of a candle holder:



No comments:

Post a Comment