Tuesday 7 May 2013

CD: Battle Born by The Killers

This is a GREAT CD!....


...but then again, I may be biased. I am a massively huge Killers fan. I even bought one of the Twilight movie soundtracks because it had a single Killers song on it (I refuse to buy The Killers christmas songs however. They are awful...)

A few years ago the Killers decided to have a bit of a holiday. For me, the wait was long, even painfully long...

But the wait was well worth it, in my opinion as a fan. I'm not a professional music critic. The music is quite different to previous Killers albums. There's nothing much like "Smile Like You Mean It" on this CD. There are songs that are influenced by early Springsteen, which, as a huge Springsteen fan as well, is perfectly fine with me.


One song stands out for me, and that's a song called "From Here On Out". I'm learning to play the Ukulele at the moment, and this song is really easy to play, and it sounds pretty good when played on a ukulele, even by an amateur like me.


The title "Battle Born" is the motto for the great state of Nevada, where the Killers hail from. I think it's a great title. It's also the name of the Killers recording studio.

According to Wikipedia, this CD sold a million copies in 2012.


Track List:
-------------------------
Flesh and Bone
Runaways
The Way It Was
Here With Me
A Matter of Time
Deadlines and Commitments
Miss Atomic Bomb
The Rising Tide
Heart of a Girl
From Here On Out
Be Still
Battle Born
-------------------------
I made a point of buying the Deluxe Edition, which gives you three more songs:

Carry Me Home
Flesh and Bone (Jacques Lu Cont Remix)
Prize Fighter



No comments:

Post a Comment