Saturday 15 June 2013

My Best Songs Ever, Part 1...

This is something I want to do for my own amusement actually. There are so many songs that mean something to me personally that I wanted to list them all in one place. They say you can tell a lot about a person by the songs on their iPod. Well, I don't have an iPod, i have an iRiver, and these songs would be the ones you would most likely find on it. These songs pretty much sum me up very well.

I have simple criteria for song selection: The song has be one that I like the 50th time as much as the first I heard it, it has to evoke some sort of emotional response, and it has to be one that when I hear it on the radio or TV, I stop and listen, and wait until it's finished.

At first, I thought I would just do my best 3 songs of all time, but then I found that I couldn't decide on 3, so I changed it to 5, then 10, then 20. Then I thought to myself, "Nah, forget that, just keep going until I run out of songs..."

So this is going to be part 1 of a regular series. I'll just keep going until I run out of songs, or I get bored. Whichever comes first.

I just want to thank the YouTube community, who have thoughtfully collected all my favourite songs in one place.

So here we go, the first bit, in no particular order. Actually that's not entirely correct. The first song is my favourite song, and the second song is my second favourite song. All the rest however are equal number 3.


1: Shattered Dreams
Johnny Hates Jazz

"Shattered Dreams" on YouTube




2: Life Is A Minestrone
10CC

"Life Is A Minestrone" on YouTube



3: Doubleback
ZZ Top

"Doubleback" on YouTube



4: Everything Is Broken
Bob Dylan

"Everything Is Broken" on YouTube



5: Summer Love
Sherbet

"Summer Love" on YouTube



6: Like It Like That
Guy Sebastian

"Like It Like That" on YouTube



7: Keep On Moving
Five

"Keep On Moving" on YouTube



8: Post Post Modern Man
Devo

"Post Post Modern Man" on YouTube



9: Switch
Will Smith

"Switch" on YouTube



10: Human
The Killers

"Human" on YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment