Tuesday 3 September 2013

Black and White Orchid

I have a great love of the art of black and white photography I think a black and white photo conveys something that you see only when your eye is not distracted by bright colours. With black and white it's all about shape, light, shadow and mood.

I've tried previously to convert colourful wildflowers to black and white, but unfortunately it just hasn't worked out. Wildflower photos are spectacular precisely because of their rich and vivid colours. You take away the colour and you have a dull picture.

Well, I think I finally have a picture that works well in black and white. It's not as spectacular as the colour version, but I think this is quite a dramatic looking picture. It has a lot of dark and light contrast, and I think I was fortunate to have captured just the right angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment