Sunday 26 October 2014

Movie: Stephen Fry

I went to see Stephen Fry  at my local cinema. He wasn't there in person of course. He was in England and he was beamed in. He put on a one-off show to promote his new book, "More Fool Me", another volume of his growing autobiography collection. You can get it from here, and other places no doubt: http://www.stephenfry.com/store/



Stephen Fry is a great entertainer. His words are witty, interesting and well constructed. And he knows about Perth, Western Australia, where I live.

He started off the show talking about the countries where he was being broadcast in cinemas, hence the mention of Perth.

He read a chapter from his book, concerning a visit to his place by Lady Diana and Prince Charles. It went on for a while, but every sentence was so well constructed that I was carried along.

But alas, before I knew it, it was over. I was having such a good time that I was disappointed when it was over. I just wanted him to go on for just a little bit longer.

Please Sir, can I hear just one more chapter?....


No comments:

Post a Comment