Wednesday 21 August 2013

Woohoo! I'm off to see Springsteen!...

Bruce is coming to Perth and I'm going to be there! He's never been to Perth before, but the demand was so huge that he finally decided to come. He was in Australia earlier this year, but skipped Perth, and apparently a huge amount of Perth people flew over to the other side of Australia just to see him. And judging by the attendance at the Springsteen and I movie here in Perth, Bruce has a huge fan base here.



I had both good luck and bad luck trying to get a seat for this show.

First of all, it was quite easy to get a seat for the Perth show. I could have  gotten 10 seats if I wanted to. The thing is they would have been all over the place. Single seats only. Not even doubles, but who cares? A Springsteen show is a Springsteen show, no matter where you sit.

The problem I had was paying for it. I tried 6 or 7 times to pay and was refused each and every time. I was getting stressed out because I kept getting good seats and suddenly they were gone because I wasn't able to pay. I was about the give up completely when I had a flash. I tried again, but this time I switched web browsers from Firefox to Google Chrome. Low and behold, success at the first attempt. I got a seat, which wasn't the best as far as I could see, and quickly paid for it in case I lost it again. At least I was going now.

So, with my ticket in hand, I decided to just try again out of curiosity. I wanted to see if anything would come up. And you wouldn't believe it, I got another seat, this time in a primo location in front of the stage. I quickly paid for that seat as well, without even thinking twice about.

I was thrilled to get such a good seat, especially because I wasn't expecting it to come up (this was an hour after the tickets first went on sale). So I gave the other ticket to a friend of mine, who wasn't fussed about the potentially poor location (I don't really know if it is a bad seat or not. I've never been to the Perth Arena before. It may be fantastic for all I know), free of charge.

Oh by the way, tickets for the general public go on sale on Monday the 26th of August. I signed up on the Frontier Touring website, and got access to pre-sale tickets today. That may be the reason I had no problem getting a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment